Saturday, July 16, 2011

How I Began my Swim in the "Dating" Pool

I am a 35 year old divorcee....surprising considering that I had this grand idea of what I thought my marriage was. But then one day while laying in bed with my now ex-husband, I received a phone call that changed my whole idea on what I wanted out of life and in a relationship. The conversation started with a woman telling me that "Being a fellow woman, we need to stick together and look out for one another. I just want you to know that your husband is cheating on you with another woman." My first thought was, thank goodness it was with another "woman" and not a "man" because that would be the end of it right there! She continues with "...and she has been in your house." I asked her various questions about this accusation and of course she answered them all correctly. To end the conversation, I said "Thank you, have a good day." WTF? "Thank You??!!" What in the world was I thinking. I was not all there and still trying to figure out where it all went wrong. But, in the end I had my dignity and manners of course with "Thank You, have a good day." (Thank you for telling me that you are sleeping with my husband and have been in my house). After the ever so awesome confrontation, I ended up in the corner of my bathroom sitting next to the toilet and shower and I was naked, thankfully though I had just mopped the floor otherwise I would have totally been grossed out. While sitting on the floor, I was wondering what I was going to do. My very first thought was that now I am going to be one of those people that "date". Who are these people? I have no idea what these people do. I was married for 13 years so this whole dating thing was going to be a new adventure for me. An "adventure" is an understaement. So now here I am, sharing with you all these great "adventures" that I have been on. I take solice in knowing that I am not alone in these "adventures". That there are others out there that have been on a date that ended up with no shoes, no shirts and ultimately no date!

Always Bitter with Love,
Sheri

2 comments:

  1. Yes you did have your manners but they would have quickly went out the window along with his *arse*. Way to walk away with dignity and pride! I know the men are thanking him for being a fool. Way to go ex-husband and tramp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeka...I am high fiving you from Cali. Gotta love a lady with manners and grace giving the finger to a guy who didn't know how good he had it!

    ReplyDelete