Saturday, August 6, 2011

That's What's Up!

So, you know how you have those random meetings with guys in everyday places, like the gas station, grocery store or in my case the gym? Now please know that I just got through running on the treadmill and am sweating enough to start my own purified water company. My make-up was running down my face, I was in ratty gym clothes and my hair was sticking to my face and in some sort of psuedo pony tail/bun/rats nest thing. The below conversation is what took place when I had the pleasure of meeting "A":


A: Hey "gurl", looking good. What's going on?

Me: Oh, thank you! Well, just got done working out. What's going on with you?

A: Oh, you know "gurl", the usual...chilling out and getting my "swole" on. I'm "A". What's your name?

Me: I'm Sheri (hand shake), nice to meet you "A". Good thing you came here to get your "swole" on, I mean its a gym and all.

A: Yeah, you know that's what's up.

Me: Oh, what's up?

A: You know, being here at the gym, like you just said.

Me: Oh, well I guess so. But, what does that mean, That's what's up?

A: You know, it means that's what's up to what you just said.

Me: But all I said was it was a good thing you came here to get your swole on. Are you asking me what's up? I am confused.

A: Nah gurl...that's what's up is just what I say, its like I'm agreeing with you.

Me: Oh, well I guess I just don't understand the phrase, That's what's up.

A: Well, gurl if you go out with me, I will make sure you know exactly what that's what's up means.

Me: Umm....well I am going to assume that you just asked me out on a date and well "A", as much as I would love to really learn and understand what that's what's up means, I am going to have to respectfully decline.

A: Thats cool gurl....thats whats up.

Me: Okay, well then "A", have a good day and a great work out. Or to put it in words you would better understand, that's what's up.


Yes, the above conversation took place and while this was taking place, I couldn't help but wonder if this is what adult conversations had turned into, because if so, I am screwed. I have no doubt that "A" was a nice guy and maybe we would have had a good time. BUT....if just the introduction conversation went like that, what in the world was the rest of the conversation going to sound like? I would have been asking what he meant by everything he said and I envisioned the end of the date concluding with him saying "Deuces" and throwing up the side ways two finger peace sign gesture. So, you can certainly understand why I had to respectfully decline the date before it even started.

So, to all you "A"s out there and to the ladies that love them....that's what's up!

Word,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment